AMERICAN HOME WARRANTY COMPANY
It is essential to understand that by using the Website, you consent to the collection, storage, sharing, and use of your information as described in this Policy. For that reason, it is important you read this Policy carefully. If you do not accept the terms of this Policy and our Terms and Conditions, do not continue using the Website.
WHEN YOU ACCESS ANY OF OUR SITES OR SUBMIT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US BY ANY MEANS, YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE MANAGED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY.
Information AHWC Collects From and About You
AHWC collects varying types of information under certain circumstances. Some types of information we may collect about you includes:
1) Information You Provide: We receive and store information you submit through use of our Website or that you give us in any way (“Personal Information”). Such information includes, but is not limited to, information you provide when creating your user account, such as your name and username, address, phone number, email address, company name, company phone number, website address, warranty information, and login and password details. We also collect financial information you provide to us, including your debit or credit card number and any related billing information (“Billing Information”). We do not store this information but collect it in order to process payment for the purchase of any product or service we offer that you have requested to purchase. By submitting this information, you consent to us providing this information to our authorized third-party service providers as necessary to support and process your transactions as well as your credit card issuer/bank institution for that purpose. We may also collect other Personal Information and data when necessary.
How We Use and Share Information
We may use your information (including aggregate and anonymized information) in several different ways. For the most part, we use your personal information to communicate with you and provide you with your requested information regarding our Service, information regarding new features or data-related products or service offerings, and to improve your user experience with our Website. We may also use your information in the following ways:
1) We may monitor and analyze activity, metrics, and trends, and use your information to: (i) verify when you access your account; (ii) learn how the Website is used; (iv) understand how you use the Website and to deliver relevant content to you; (v) streamline the Website by storing your access credentials and log file; (vi) make suggestions and provide a customized experience; and (vii) fix technical errors, update the Website, and other internal operations.
2) We may employ other companies (including affiliates within our network) to perform functions on our behalf. These service providers and affiliate companies have access to personal and business information needed to perform their functions but are not authorized to use it for other purposes. We do not provide any of your non-public information (such as payment information, password details, or your IP address) to third parties without your consent, unless required by law.
3) We may use collected information to enhance the safety and security of the Website and our other users. We will always ensure there is a lawful basis for processing your Personal Information. In addition, we reserve the right to disclose information when we believe doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect AHWC’s rights.
4) Your information may be shared as a company asset in the event of a potential sale, merger, acquisition, or other change of ownership or control. If we transfer any of your Personal Information in such circumstances, we will ensure your Personal Information and data remain protected and that the recipient of such information will comply with and be bound by the obligations of our Policy.
5) AHWC may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including disclosures necessary to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or pursuant to judicial orders.
How We Protect Your Information
AHWC will use reasonable efforts to effectively maintain adequate security measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized use, dissemination, modification or loss in accordance with state and federal laws. We will only hold your Personal Information and other data for as long as is reasonably required for the purposes for which we may lawfully use that Personal Information or data unless we need to hold your Personal Information for longer as required by law to do so.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
You may access a broad range of information about your user account through the Website. You may update your information or deactivate and delete your account at any time. You have the right to opt-out of non-essential cookies, access, correct, delete, restrict, or object to use of your personal information, port your data and withdraw consents, in accordance with national and international privacy laws. AHWC may, in its sole discretion, comply with your requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law. However, we may not be able to comply with requests to the extent that they would cause us to violate any law or infringe any other person's rights.
As with all digital platforms and the Internet at large, we cannot control and are not responsible for how others use your information and any content you provide to us. We will never ask for your username and password, and you should not share such information with others. If you believe that someone has gained access to your account without your permission, please contact us immediately so that we can investigate.
Notices and Modifications
AHWC reserves the right to change the Website and the terms of this Policy at any time. The latest effective date will be highlighted at the top of the Policy. If there are any material changes to the Policy or how AHWC will use your Personal Information, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. It is your responsibility to review any notices or modifications to this Policy.
Conditions of Use
If you choose to use the Website, your visit, use, or any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and our Terms and Conditions, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the State of Ohio. If you access any third-party websites via a link from our Website, you will leave the Website. You will not be covered by any policies relating to our Website. We are not responsible for the content or use of your Personal Information or data by any third-party website.
Children’s Use of AHWC’s Website
Our Website is not intended for use of children under 18. We do not allow users under the age of 18 to use our Website for any reason. We do not knowingly collect, share, or store any Personal Information or other information from children under 18.
International Data Transfer
AHWC is based in the United States and provides services using computer systems in the United States. If you are outside the United States and you use our services, your information may be transferred to and processed in the United States. AHWC does not actively participate in the outgoing transfer of information beyond the United States at this time.
Data Protection Rights
You are entitled to data protection rights, specifically the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request AHWC for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request AHWC correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request AHWC to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that AHWC erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that AHWC restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to AHWC’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that AHWC transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents have the right to opt out of disclosing information to third parties for the purpose of allowing such third parties to directly market their products and services under California’s “Shine the Light” law. Currently AHWC does not engage in this type of disclosure.
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
Right to Know. You have the right to request information regarding the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you as well as information about how we collect, use, disclose, and “sell” personal information.
Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of some or all of the personal information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. Deleting all data will typically require the deletion of your account, along with all content, including your videos. However, we may retain information to complete transactions, honor opt-outs, prevent fraud, spam, and other abuse, comply with our legal obligations, cooperate with law enforcement, and to exercise and defend our rights.
The Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales. You have the right to direct us not to sell personal information we have collected about you to third parties now or in the future.
The Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of the rights described above.
Please note that in order to exercise your rights to know and delete, we must be able to verify your identity. Additionally, we may no longer be able to provide you our products or services or engage with you in the same manner should you exercise the right to delete your information.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Rights: California residents have additional rights under the CCPA.
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following additional rights in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
Our Website collects the following types of Personal Information and has collected the following types of personal information within the last twelve (12) months:
1) Identifiers: real names, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers;
2) Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)): name, signature, address, telephone number, employment information;
3) Internet or other network activity: browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement;
4) Geolocation data: physical location or movements;
5) Professional or employment-related information: current or past job history;
At this time, these are the only types of information AHWC collects.
Under CCPA, Personal Information does not include:
1) Publicly available information from government records;
2) Deidentified or aggregated consumer information;
3) Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as:
i. Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
ii. Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Sharing Personal Information: AHWC will not rent or sell your Personal Information but may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. In this event, AHWC will enter into a contractual relationship that requires the recipient of the information to maintain confidentiality of the Personal Information and to use such information exclusively for performing the contract.
Your Rights and Choices under CCPA: Under the CCPA, you have the right to:
1) Access Specific Information and Data Portability: request that AHWC discloses information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information within the past twelve months;
2) Request Deletion: request that AHWC deletes any Personal Information collected from you and maintained, with some exceptions. Upon receipt and confirmation of your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your Personal Information from our records and direct our service providers to also delete theirs, unless an exception applies;
3) To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request by contacting us as described below, or click the following Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
How to Contact Us
If you have any concern, please email us at email@example.com
"How simple and easy it is for us and our clients!"
Certified California Home Inspector
"Not like your competitors"
KY Home Inspector
"The reimbursement money helped me get out of a bind"
First Time Homebuyer